Monday, July 21, 2008

why is it called point-ed sticks?

Well as this is a knit blog, I would hope that pointed sticks are self explanatory. However, the joke lies in a fabulous Monty Python clip. If you haven't seen it, I think it's worth a gander. Link!

I suppose this should probably include something similar to an introduction, so here goes. I'm a fourth year college student (senior status but no graduation in sight *cry*) who's been knitting and crocheting off and on since first or second grade. In high school I turned mostly to knitting since there was a knitting club and no crochet club. Usually I don't have much time for crafts between school and work, but this summer I'm studying in Germany and have discovered the joy of knitting on the subway! Currently I'm specializing in socks due to my sadly limited stash of knitting supplies here, but I did spring for some larger needles to do scarves with, too.

You'll have to forgive my abysmal photography skills. Not only am I incredibly inept with a camera, but I have hideous floors and sheets and towels and everything that could possibly be used as a backdrop here. WIP pictures will be up soon, but to whet your appetite, here's a picture of the first pair of socks I made following a pattern. (The first pair and half of socks are a long story for another day.)



They're broadripple socks from Knitty. And for the record they were also my first venture into the fabulous world of grafting...and the toes turned out great even though you can't see it in the picture!

No comments: