Monday, February 1, 2010

Finding Time to Knit

Life has been busy lately. Grad school is involving more reading than I can explain, and to add insult to injury, it seems like we're assigning every essay in the book this quarter. That means a lot of grading.

So knitting time feels scarce.

But I'm still getting a ton done. How is that possible? The Girls' Night Out KAL is going great. I've turned the heel and am mostly done with the foot (pictures maybe tomorrow when it's at a more beautiful stopping point)...and I'll have finished these socks in less than a month. What is it about KALs that make you magically knit faster than you do otherwise? And where's the "I'm making a ridiculous shawl for my wedding" KAL?

*sigh*...the wedding shawl is not progressing. And every time I look at it I get the sinking feeling that it's not going to be big enough as written...and I really don't want to have to alter the pattern :( The rows are so long, and yet it seems that no amount of blocking will make it a reasonable size. Maybe this was a foolish project.

Regardless...just checking in. Really trying to break my bad blogging habits :)

No comments: