Never mind the gapping around the ankles. That's just a byproduct of them still being on the needles. They're fitting fabulously and it reminds me how very much I love to make socks toe up :)
Next we have some baby gifts for a good friend who is due quite literally any day now.
A lovely newborn sized sweater (I don't know why the picture's upside down, and I can't fix it) made in kitchen cotton. The pattern is from the first Mason-Dixon book, and it's fabulous!
And the baby owl vest! How adorable is this?!? It's bigger, but hopefully it will fit the little fellow this winter. She showed me the cutest onesie with a polo collar that this would go great with!
And last but not least, I posted this in the KBC forum on Ravlery as solidarity with poor Wendy who is going to have to frog a piece of a gorgeous shawl. The story behind this is that I started this shawl in high school, then got bored and set it aside. A couple years ago I picked it back up and started working on it with a vengeance, only to get to a spot in the pattern that didn't seem right. So I went onto Ravelry to see if there was errata. I never did find any mention of problems with the line I was worried about, but I did discover that the pattern, which had originally called for two balls of yarn, was now calling for four or five balls of yarn depending on your gauge/daring knitter quotient.
I jumped online to see if I could order some more, but of course that whole line of yarn has been discontinued, and it's variegated, so it's not like I could magically match the color (as if that would have happened, but in my head it's possible). So I did the only thing I could think of to do. I photographed it, then I frogged it.
I go back to school on Monday, so I don't expect that I'll continue being this productive, but I do plan on finishing those butterflies right quick. I can't wait to get them on my feet!